Thursday, February 11, 2010

On the road to completion

I gave the final approval for the CanCaddy yesterday and place the first production order for that. I should see the finished product sometime next week. I just got back from the foam company and had to make a minor adjustment to the magazine slots so a 2nd prototype is needed and that should be completed by Monday or Tuesday next week. I was told once the final approval is given for the foam the first production run of each size foam piece should only take a day or two. That being said I should have all of the products ready (foam and CanCaddy)by the time we head out to Phoenix on the 26th.

Preparing for Phoenix -
So this week has been all about preparing for our first product launch at the Crossroads Gun Show on the 27th and 28th at the Arizona Fair Grounds. Since it is the first time we've gone out to the public we needd to think about the table display. On Tuesday I picked up the display sign that will be placed on the table and lists all of the prices for each product. Unfortunately I did not do a great job of spell checking as the finished product lists Fammocan as "The Orriginal Ammo Can Accessory" (2 "r's" in Original) Opps! I think I'm just going to print out the tag line on paper and tape it to the sign. Moving on .... I purchased a table cloth that drapes in the front of an 8' table and only comes down 6" on the back, this should be good to store the product under the table.


Plans for the next 2 weeks -
So for the next two weeks I need to do the following -
  • Get the final foam product and have some photos taken of all of them separate and put together. The pictures on the website right now are taken from my iPhone and look like crap. 
  • Take videos of the final product to show best uses and typical applications and post those to the Fammocan YouTube channel.
  • Finalize the mailers to send out to Phoenix area Army/Nay surplus stores and to Local gun shops.
  • Look into how to ship the foam to Phoenix - I think this is something I previously overlooked as 200 pieces of foam will NOT fit in my little Volvo. 
  • Finalize T-Shirts with EmbroidMe company. (I should have the sample by the end of this week. 
  • Contemplate the need for Stickers (I think I'm going to get 100, but that's a cost i did not intend to dish out and if the shipping of the foam is going to be expensive then that might take up my "unforeseen" cost estimates)
Well that's where we're at with the launch of Fammocan. 'm glad i have time to get all of this together and not have to rush. But also thankful that I have a deadline to meet. Looking forward to seeing all that the public has to sap about this little product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment